Mother's Day Carnations

My thesis writing is finally reaching its end. After discussion with my supervisor, we'll send it out this month for examination after I've done my correction (on my third draft).

Okay, honestly I haven't been quilling at all since my last post although I still follow the updates in quilling world. Now that with my thesis settling soon, I manage to find some time and made these two Mother's Day cards, one for my mom, and the other for my mother in law. I started by sketching the flowers, followed by arranging the quilled shapes to fill up the space. The first card took longer to complete as it involved some adjustments and experimenting. The carnations designs are identical but if you look closely, the shapes and colours of the petals are a little different. Here goes the photos:


 All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother 
Abraham Lincoln

I thank my mom for encouraging me to go after my dream - to further my study when I myself was a little doubtful of my own ability. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to graduate this year and wear that bonnet to make her proud. To all mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day! You guys are awesome!   

Comments

  1. Completing a thesis is always such a relief - you took me back several years when I had my thesis hard bound and ready for submission. Your quilled flowers are exquisite as always. I loved the yellow inking you did for the background
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty - they really do remind me of carnations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightfully delicate flowers, greet hot

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! Looks so real! Love the sweet colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hai lulu..cantik walaupun simple.. sy follow blog lulu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu, I adore these!
    The shading on the background is really very nice. And flowers themselves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments here. ^_^